Sunday, August 16, 2009

Vita-Mix Review



5 out of 5 stars *****

The Vita-Mix is my new favorite kitchen appliance. This spectacular blender comes with an assortment of goodies, which include the following:

1. Whole Food Recipes For Better Living Cookbook (full of recipes from appetizers and soups to dips and desserts).
2. A DVD on how to get started with the Vita-Mix
3. Getting Started Guide Step-by-Step

I haven't tried any of the recipes yet, but I'd like to soon. The only recipes I've tried are ones that I make up depending on what kind of fresh and frozen fruit I have on hand. The latest concoction can be found below.

Banana, blueberries, papaya, pineapple, strawberries, and ricemilk (not pictured)


Before
After

Ahhh...how refreshing. Ok...Ok enough about the Vita-Mix. On to more interesting news.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I entered a vegan cooking contest called the Veggie Conquest Challenge here in NY to take place in a week. One week before the event, the secret ingredient is revealed along with which course you have to prepare. Yesterday, I received an email revealing the ingredient and course. All chefs will be making an entree dish featuring apples. Hmmm...apples?...entree? This is definitely a challenge!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I just dream, I mean literally DREAM, of having a Vitamix! They are so out of my budget...especially here in France. I know you'll just love it! And how exciting about that contest - you could do something autumy with apples & sage?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohhh...

    Can you see my eyes getting green through your computer screen?! I am so jealous of that awesome Vita-Mix :)

    Good luck with the VC Challenge! I'm excited to hear how it goes...

    PS That fruit smoothie looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete