Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Cupcakes!


From VCTOTW (Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World) by Isa Chandra Moskowitz & Terry Hope Romero, I made peanut butter and cookies 'n' cream cupcakes.  VCTOTW was one of my first vegan cookbooks.  The recipes are amazing.  If you don't have this book, make sure to add it to your cookbook collection!
The peanut butter chocolate cupcakes turned out great.  The zig zag is made with a rich chocolate ganache.  
Although the peanut butter chocolate cupcakes were stellar, these cupcakes were even better.  When it comes to cookies 'n' cream, this is always my first flavor choice for vegan ice cream, vegan cake and vegan cupcakes.  Therefore, I may be baised in my opinion. Back to the cupcakes,  for the "cookie", I used Newman O's Organic creme-filled chocolate cookies.  The cookies are mixed in the frosting and used as a garnish.  Mmmm good!

*Note: Isa's new "Vegan Brunch" cookbook is now available here.  

3 comments:

  1. Hey,
    Everyone is making cupcakes, Its giving me the urge to make cupcakes! Thanks for finding my blog, I made the vegan steaks with wheat gluten, brown lentils, seasonings. Nooch adds awesome flavor to everything, I especially love it on oven fries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added you to my blogroll, hope you don't mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gauri Radha गौरी राधाJune 3, 2011 at 12:30 AM

    I will crawl over broken glass for vegan ice-cream sundaes and frosted vegan cupcakes. These look terrific :-)

    ReplyDelete