Friday, July 27, 2012

Around the World in 80 Plates

Have you ever watched this show on Bravo? Well, it's a culinary competition where 12 chefs travel around the globe to take on challenges to recreate different types of food.

Now...I thought I would try my own installment here, but instead of taking on challenges to recreate food, I'm going to show you foods from around the world in 80 vegan plates.


I'll take you on a trip around some of the places I've traveled; Thailand, Vietnam, Europe, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. (Hawaii in particular).  

The journey begins with Thailand!

About a 45 minute ferry ride from Phuket, Thailand,  there is place called Koh Phi Phi.   Phi Phi is a tropical paradise!  It is home to one of the most beautiful beaches in the world...Maya Bay.  This Bay has gained a lot of popularity from the movie The Beach, starring Leonardo DiCaprio.  The beach is a bit overcrowded, therefore, I would suggest going early, or visiting some of the other beaches. My favorite, Pileh Bay:) 

Pileh, Phi Phi

Pileh Bay

Maya Bay, Krabi Thailand

I could show more pictures of the trip, but....ok...all right, back to the food.  That night, I went to Jasmine restaurant near the hotel.  On the way there, you could smell the flavors of basil, ginger, and garlic as you walk along the beach.  Once I arrived, the place was happening.  Music playing, waves crashing, people dining, it was the place to be.

Plates 1 and 2: Thai Curry Vegetables and Pad See Ew

Close Up

   Dinner was delicious.  It was so good, I went back again the next day for lunch and dinner!

Plate 3: Fried Bananas

After dinner, I still had room for dessert.  Sitting on the beach at night with the wind blowing from the waves prompted me to order this dessert.   It was served with honey on the side, which you can see in the background, but I opted to eat them plain. Somehow, they were all gone by the time the bill came!  Next up...more dishes from Thailand.

On the Beach
Ko Phi Phi Don
Thailand


No comments:

Post a Comment