Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day


Vegan BBQ Plate

Here was my plate from yesterday's feast.  On the left was a vegan chili cheese dog.  Top right, vegan mac and cheese and bottom right was a vegan potato salad.  I wanted to try another potato salad recipe from eat'n veg'n, but didn't have all the ingredients.  Hopefully I'll try it soon.
Vegan Mac and Cheese
Organic Fruit Salad

To end this meal, I had a nice bowl of organic fresh fruit (kiwi, blueberries, banana, and orange).

Recipe for the Vegan Potato Salad:
1/3 cup diced red onion, yellow and red bell peppers, scallions and gherkins
6 baby potatoes
2 T vegannaise
1 tsp dijon mustard
salt & pepper to taste

Boil water and add 1T salt.  Cook potatoes until barely tender (10-13)minutes. While the potatoes are cooking, chop vegetables and set aside.  Drain potatoes and let cool until warm.  In a large bowl, combine chopped veggies with potatoes, add the vegannaise and dijon mustard. Fold all of the ingredients together.  Add S & P to taste.  Chill for at least 30 minutes then serve.  

2 comments:

  1. That looks like such a summery meal!
    I love summer.

    I like my fruit salad with vanilla soygurt!

    I'd love it if you would comment on my blog:
    http://whatyourmommadidntknow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gauri Radha गौरी राधाMarch 21, 2011 at 10:21 PM

    That vegan macaroni and cheese looks terrific.

    ReplyDelete